Here is alight tasty sauce I came up with that compliments a grilled or sautéed steak. You can prepare this easily while on a camping adventure and it is a good choice for entertaining at home as well. – Chef MJ
Want more recipes like this? Check out my NEW cookbook on this blog site!
16 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 tbsp. butter
3 oz tomato paste
20 oz unsalted beef broth
1 tsp dried spice herbs de Provence or thyme
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp water
1/4 cup red wine
salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse mushrooms briefly, pat dry and slice in 1/4″ wide slices.
- Cut onion, medium diced. Chop garlic, fine minced.
- Heat a large skillet with butter on the stove top over MEDIUM heat, add diced onions.
- Saute’ onions for 2-3 minutes then add the minced garlic, set heat to LOW for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, saute’ on LOW for 1 minute.
- Add broth, herbs de Provence or thyme and wine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl and add to the sauce. Turn heat to MEDIUM.
- Stir until sauce thickens and lightly coats the back of a spoon.
- Serve over grilled steak and/or mashed potatoes, or as pictured here over cooked noodles.