RV stovetop will make this luscious dinner a breeze! Other cooking methods that will work to cook this dinner and are just as easy are portable grills or campsite grills.
6 raw whole jalapeno peppers
8 tsp cream cheese
3 slices uncooked bacon (cut each slice of bacon in 1/2)
10 – 12 uncooked, Argentine shrimp (deveined)
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Use deveined, shell on Argentine shrimp, rinse, pat dry, set aside.
- Rinse jalapeno peppers, cut lengthwise slit along the pepper, remove seeds, set aside.
- Stuff the interior of the jalapeno with cream cheese.
- Partially cook bacon, let it cool then wrap 1/2 slice around each jalapeno, set aside.
- Heat oil in a cast iron or grill pan. Saute’ the poppers over medium heat for about 5 minutes turning the peppers a few times. Poppers are done when the stuffed jalapeno has softened and the cream cheese is oozing. Take the poppers off heat, place poppers a plate, set aside.
- Clean the grill pan, add some additional vegetable oil if needed. Turn the stove or grill to medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the shrimp, turn the shrimp as few times during cooking. Note: Shrimp is cooked through and the shrimp meat is at 145 F, opaque, no longer translucent.
- Take the shrimp off heat, place on the plate with the poppers, serve and enjoy!
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available through the cookbook tab on this site and on Ebay.