A homemade pie that is simple to bake whether you are at home or in your RV.
This recipe can be put together in a snap using a few pantry items and some fresh eggs!
1 ready made – pecan graham cracker crust (alternate could be plain or walnut ready made crust)
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 cans 14 oz. each, sweetened condensed milk
5 large egg yolks
- Preheat convection or regular oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse lemons, pat dry, cut in half. Juice the lemons, discard any seeds that fall into the bowl.
- Add contents of both cans of sweetened condensed milk to the bowl.
- Add egg yolks to the bowl.
- Whisk the mixture together until ingredients are well combined and the filling is smooth.
- Pour filling into a readymade pie shell.
- Bake pie on the rack in the convection or regular oven for 20 – 22 minutes. * Note: Pie is ready to remove from oven when the filling is set but the center jiggles a little.
- Let the pie cool to room temperature on a cooling rack, or stovetop burner (that is off and cool to touch).
- Refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours. Slice and serve with a dollop of ready made whipped cream.
- Lightly cover pie with the lid provided with the readymade crust.
- Refrigerate any leftovers to enjoy within 3 days.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com